Upcoming public/community events in Clinton County are as follows. Email your public event information to [email protected] .
Wednesday, June 29
• Wilmington Garden Club Flower Show Wednesday, June 29 at the Clinton County History Center. The public is invited. Judging begins at 1 p.m. Applications for horticulture and design are accepted on June 28 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and June 29 from 9 a.m. to noon.
friday july 1st
• DV8 party on the beach free concert from the Rock the Block Summer Concert Series presented by the CVB at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 1 in downtown Wilmington.
Saturday July 2
• Stand out in favor of Ukraine — Guest public from noon to 1 p.m. Saturdays, corner of Locust and South South Streets, Wilmington. Rain or shine. Clinton County Alliance for Compassion and Truth (ACT) and Empathy Surplus Network USA, sponsors, encourage signs promoting freedom, democracy and peace. Limited number of panels available on site.
• To note: The July 2 community sale at Galvin Park is cancelled.
Sunday July 3
• Red, White & Blanchester Blue kicks off Sunday, July 3 downtown as vendors open at 5 p.m.
monday july 4th
• Annual Independence Day Fireworks will be held at the Clinton County Fairgrounds in Wilmington on Monday, July 4. The Fairgrounds and the City of Wilmington have partnered for the event, which will begin at dusk. Admission to the fairgrounds for this event is free.
• Red, White & Blanchester Blue continues downtown on Monday, July 4 with the parade at 11 a.m. and vendors open at noon with rides and games; Quiet Storm performs from noon to 1:30 p.m.; The circus performs from 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Quiet Storm returns from 2:45-4 p.m.; The Circus returns from 4-4:45 p.m., followed by Quiet Storm from 4:45 p.m. until the downtown festival closes at 6 p.m. The fireworks will begin at dusk.
• 5K Run/Walk for Veterans Welcome Home is planned in Blanchester. In-person registration begins at 7 a.m., with the 5k starting at 8 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park, 919 South Broadway St., Blanchester. Registration $30 for ages 16 and up and $20 for ages 15 and under.
• Note: no 3M club because of the holidays.
Wednesday July 6
• Unlimited soup and salad bar open to the public, the first Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aging Up senior center, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington. RSVP the day before at 937-382-7170.
Thursday July 7
• book lovers Blanchester Area Book Discussion Group, Blanchester Public Library instead of Grace UM Church, 7 p.m., Thursday, July 7, discussing “The Last Chance Library” by Freya Sampson. Anyone interested can call the library at 937-783-3585 to get a copy. Welcome new members.
Friday July 8
• Noah Smith ‘Boots & Hats’ free concert from the Rock the Block Summer Concert Series presented by the CVB at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 8 in downtown Wilmington.
• Clinton County Fair is Saturday, July 9 through Saturday, July 16 at the Wilmington Fairgrounds with live concerts every night plus entertainment, food, rides, games, crafts, and daily shows and competitions for juniors and seniors.
Saturday July 9
• cream path concert – Alternative rock band from Columbus with original tunes and covers at the Clinton County Fair 7-8:30 p.m.; second show at 9 p.m.
• Monthly breakfast at Aging Up senior center, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, 8-11 a.m. The cost varies depending on the choice of biscuits and sauce, waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs. Open to the public.
• “Conversation that matters” focused on the constitutional arguments underlying the recent Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade, facilitated by Clinton County ACT, from 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Wilmington Public Library’s Kirk Room.
Sunday July 10
• Legacy 5 concert — the Tennessee-based Southern Gospel group — at the Clinton County Fair at 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 10.
Monday July 11
• Cook & Belle concert — country, soul, gospel and more from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Clinton County Fairgrounds; second show at 9 p.m.
tuesday july 12
• Concert by Joe Mullins and The Radio Ramblers featuring the best of bluegrass at 7 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
• Seniors Day and Veterans Day at the Clinton County Fair. Seniors 60 and over are admitted free and veterans are admitted free.
Wednesday July 13
• Allie Colleen Concert with folk and country music at 8 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
Thursday July 14
• Murphy in concert — the folk, soul and rock singer-songwriter from Baltimore with multiple appearances on “American Idol” — at 8 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
friday july 15
• Bluffett Jimmy Buffett Tribute at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, July 15 at the Murphy Theater. Parrotheads: For more information or to reserve tickets, visit www.themurphytheatre.org or call 937-382-3643 or email [email protected] .
• Emily Ann Roberts concert — who performed on “The Voice” with Team Blake — featuring vintage country music at 8 p.m. Friday, July 15 at the Clinton County Fair.
Saturday July 16
• New Frontiers: A Tribute to the Definitive Journey in concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 16 at the Clinton County Fairgrounds; second show at 9 p.m.
Monday July 18
• Club 3M — Monday morning men’s club for senior men in the region. Held 9-10 a.m. at the Ohio Living Cape May Campus Center, 150 Cape May Drive, Wilmington. The speaker will be Taylor Stuckert, who is the executive director of the Clinton County Regional Planning Commission. Free continental breakfast.
friday july 22
• Rock the Block with Stripper and their unique brand of “heavenly metal” at the Murphy Theater at 7 p.m. on Friday, July 22 as part of Rock the Block presented by the CVB. Tickets and more info at https://bit.ly/35rleCs.
Saturday July 23
• Rock the Block with Night Ranger at 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 23 at the Murphy Theater as part of Rock the Block presented by the CVB. Tickets and more info at https://bit.ly/3haxCJH.
• Clinton County Health Alliance inaugural golf fundraising outing at Elks 797 Golf Club starting at 9 a.m. [email protected] or call 937-382-2666 for more information.
Saturday July 30
• Riders in the sky with “40 Years of Western Music and Tall Tales” performing at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 30 at the Murphy Theatre. For more information or to reserve tickets, visit www.themurphytheatre.org or call 937-382-3643 or email [email protected] .
• Township talk – featuring the townships of Liberty, Richland, Wayne and Wilson – presented by the Clinton County Historical Society and Genealogical Society from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the History Center, 149 E. Locust St., Wilmington. Provides you with the materials you need to learn about the county. Open to members and non-members free of charge; Don asked if you find your visit worthwhile. Family tree forms, lookup charts; Celebrate Clinton County distributed crayons, coloring sheets and crayons for children 7 and under. Also a short museum scavenger hunt.