Local libraries offer events and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s planned at libraries in the Anchor Bay area.
Chesterfield Township Library
The following free programs are scheduled:
• Adult craft night will be held May 5 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm Join us for an evening of crafts and creativity. Make a masterpiece to take home. All documents will be provided by the library, but feel free to bring some from home. This month’s craft is magnets.
• May 7 is Free Comic Book Day. Celebrate Free Comic Book Day with the Chesterfield Township Library. Stop by the library to pick up a free comic while supplies last.
• A Superhero Party will be held on May 7 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. Join us in celebrating Free Comic Book Day! Wear a superhero costume, play games, do crafts, and take home a free comic.
• Technical assistance will be available on May 11 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Bring a device and get help.
• Family Storytime will be on May 11 from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Family Storytime is a quiet 30 minute story time where children can relax with books, nursery rhymes , songs and crafts. Listen to bedtime stories, unwind with soothing songs and soothing rhymes. Children are encouraged to wear pajamas. Recommended for children 5 and under but families are welcome.
• The preschool and kindergarten drawing class will take place on May 14 from 10:15 to 11 a.m. Children who have coloring experience are encouraged to have fun learning to draw.
• The elementary drawing course will take place on May 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• The Teen Art Club will meet on May 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. Teenagers who have learned the basics can sharpen their drawing skills. Spend time with other artists to share ideas while practicing character drawing, storytelling, and advanced techniques.
Download or stream free emagazines, ebooks, eaudiobooks, TV shows, movies, music, comics and more from chelibrary.org.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The Chesterfield Township Library is located at 50560 Patricia Avenue. For more information, call 586-598-4900 or visit chelibrary.org.
MacDonald Public Library
The following programs are programmed:
• Make It Mondays meets from 10 am to 5:30 pm on Mondays at the library. Come DIY Monday for tips and tricks on DIY projects and crafts.
• Sit & Knit meets from 10 am to noon on Mondays at the library.
• Science Showcase with Miss Gigi is scheduled for May 3 from 5-6 pm Join our youth and teen library assistant Miss Gigi for an exciting science activity around a monthly theme.
• Story time for toddlers and preschoolers takes place May 5 and 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Join Mrs. Kelly at the library for stories, songs and pleasure. Registration is requested. Walk-ins will be accommodated depending on the space available.
• Baby and Me story time will take place on May 6 and 13 from 10 to 11 a.m. Join us at the library for a book, songs and fun. Registration is required, but walk-ins will be accepted where space permits.
•The Friends of the MacDonald Public Library book sale will take place on May 6 from 11:30 am to 5 pm. There’s something for everyone at the book sale.
• The Dungeons and Dragons Club meets on May 6 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Adventurers welcome. This meeting will go over expectations and logistics, and hopefully attendees can play a mini Dungeons & Dragons one-shot session. The club is open to teenagers and adults.
• The Fiction Book Club meeting is scheduled for May 10 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Join the Fiction Book Club to meet customers and discuss the month’s readings.
• Life-size falls and ladders will take place on May 11 from 5 to 6 p.m. Children can have fun in the library with Mrs. Kelly.
• The concert with the Sheila Landis Trio will take place on May 12 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Friday the 13th Bad Luck Bash will take place on May 13th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm Join Gigi at the library this Friday the 13th to learn about all sorts of superstitions said to bring bad luck. For those feeling extra brave, stations will be set up to test superstitions.
• Anchor Bay Quilters Guild meets May 16 from 6-8 pm Join a group of friendly quilters who make, learn and create. The quilts produced often go to benefit charities.
• A Teen Advisory Council meeting will be held on May 17 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Help create library programs, help prepare programs and make new friends. Free pizzas are provided.
The Friends of the MacDonald Public Library will meet on May 17 from 10:15 a.m. to noon.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The library is closed on Sundays. The MacDonald Public Library is located at 36480 Main St. in New Baltimore. For more information, call 586-725-0273 or visit macdonaldlibrary.org or facebook.com/mplnewbaltimore.
Lenox Township Library
• Playtime for toddlers is May 4 and 11 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
A meeting of the library board is taking place on May 20 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
The library has mobile hotspots available for payment.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The Lenox Township Library is located at 58976 Main Street in New Haven. For more information, call the library at 586-749-3430, or visit lenoxlibrary.org or facebook.com/lenoxtwplibrary.