AURORA, IL — Get your baskets ready as the annual Island Egg Hunt returns to downtown Aurora for Easter celebrations on April 9.
The event, organized by nonprofit Aurora Downtown, will run from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., and a scavenger hunt in front of stores will continue through Easter, organizers said Wednesday.
The free event open to all ages will allow families to explore downtown Aurora while visiting several participating businesses and museums. Visitors will be able to collect eggs, go on a scavenger hunt and do crafts.
“We are excited to return to an in-person event this year and involve over a dozen downtown businesses in our non-traditional, downtown-wide egg hunt event,” Marissa Amoni , director of Aurora Downtown, a nonprofit organization of downtown businesses and property owners, said in a statement.
During the Saturday event, visitors can stop to visit the Easter Bunny at the Millenium Plaza gazebo on Stolp Avenue. There, people can take free photos and grab a map to direct them to entertainment and goodies scattered around downtown Aurora.
While the following locations will participate in the April 9 Egg Hunt, an In-Store Scavenger Hunt – in conjunction with Adventures in Scavenger Hunting – will kick off on April 1 and run through Easter Sunday.
- Simply destined122 W. Downer Place, will host pop-up vendors and offer crafts.
- Hope for 2morrow Empowerment Center54 W. Downer Place, will offer an artisanal table.
- Tredwell Cafe14 W. Downer Place, will be a coloring stop.
- Wyckwood House14 W. Downer Place, will be an egg stop.
- Zen Loft wellness center, 6 W. Downer Place, will be open with a petting zoo, coloring pages and play stations. Visitors are also welcome to hang out in the hammocks and Shop I at the Angeles Metaphysical Shop.
- GAR Memorial Museum23 E. Downer Place, will host a scavenger hunt and games.
- Aurora Historical Society, at the DLP Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place, will host a scavenger hunt as part of the “Aurora Story” exhibit. Find and check off the items listed on the clue sheet.
- Aurora from the Chest of Hope, 34 N. Lincoln Ave., will invite customers to choose an egg for a percentage of their total purchase. Children can choose an egg for a chance to win something free.
- Stolp Island Social5 E. Galena Boulevard, will be offering egg-shaped cookies, while supplies last.
- Irish Pub Ballydoyle28 W. New York St., will be a drop-off point.
- Aurora Public Library DistrictSantori Library, 101 S. River St., will feature a balloon twist by Papa Balloon, a bunny scavenger hunt, and egg art by local students.
- Society 57100 S. River St., will host fun activities for kids and a balloon photo wall.
- Community Christian Church78 rue S. LaSalle, will organize an egg hunt with activities such as bracelet making, a bag of goodies and a photo with the Easter bunny.
- If These Walls Could Talk Custom Framing & Gallery32 S. Stolp Ave., will be a coloring stop.
- Pure Skin Solutions26 S. Stolp Ave., will host an egg bar for visitors to fill and decorate their eggs, while supplies last.
- Aroma Roots Bath & Body and Obsidian Clothing32 N. Broadway, will be an egg stop.
- Chupacabra Puerto Rican Cuisine31 N. Broadway, will be an egg stop.