Colombia, South Carolina – South Carolina takes on No. 4 Georgia on Saturday at 1 p.m. in its final SEC meeting of the season. Saturday’s meet will celebrate the 13 seniors who will be graduating later this spring.
“We look forward to Georgia coming to One Wood Farm tomorrow and we are thrilled to be hosting Equifest again,” the head coach said. Boo Major noted. “It will be an emotional day for us as we pay tribute to our wonderful senior class. They have been a special group and we will truly miss them next year.”
- The Senior Day ceremony will begin at 11:45 a.m.
- Go to the marketing table to participate in Equifest! Horseshoes and coloring books will be available to decorate.
- Concessions will not be available at Saturday’s game.
- No pets are allowed at One Wood Farm.
- The parking lot at the farm should fill up. Additional parking will be available opposite the main entrance to Cobblestone Park on Blythewood Road. Shuttles from the lot to the farm will be provided.
- Fresh off a competitive weekend in Texas, the Gamecocks nearly knocked out No. 2 Texas A&M in a 10-9 decision.
- South Carolina did their best on the flat earning nine combined points in meetings at No. 6 Baylor and Texas A&M
- During the meeting at Texas A&M, Jordan Allen and Caroline Bald swept MOP honors for the jumping seat. Allen took the honor on the close with a score of 86 and Bald took the honor on the flat with a personal best 89.
- Madeline SchaeferBald, Alice Cass and Maya Clarkson all had a 2-0 weekend on the flat.
- Chloe Stephenson, Chloe VanStone and Emilie Reutimann all points earned for Gamecocks in reining.
- Senior Michaela Schrim notably matched his opponent in riding at Texas A&M with a 76.5.
Fall Meetings Recap
- Georgia is 6-3 this season with a 1-3 SEC record. It’s also 3-2 on the road.
- The Bulldogs are on a two-game winning streak with wins over South Dakota State and Minnesota-Crookston.
- In its last SEC encounter, Georgia fell to Texas A&M 9-9 (1523-1532).
The Georgia Series
- South Carolina is 15-35 all-time against Georgia in complete meetings. That includes a 9-13 home record.
- In the last meeting at One Wood Farm, the Gamecocks outscored the Bulldogs 11-8. South Carolina took the fencing, riding, and mastering the competition.