The American Legion is the largest veterans service organization in the world. It consists of veterans and their family members and descendants, who may belong to the American Legion Auxiliary, the Sons of the American Legion, who may all belong to the American Legion Riders. The entire family focuses their efforts on the four pillars of the American Legion: Veterans and Rehabilitation, National Security, Americanism, and Our Children and Youth. The American Legion has 19 programs that provide opportunities for the youth of this nation, as well as numerous charitable organizations.
Poste 323 has just completed its year of service and would like to share with you some statistics.
– Over 60 VA claims handled by our service agents
– 60 pints of donated blood
– 35 veteran funeral honors provided
– 50 loaned medical equipment
– 80 neighborhood children helped
– 82 routes to veterans provided
– Donation of 25 American flags
– Donated over 1,000 Halloween safety coloring books to local elementary schools
– Provided Christmas for 15 families
– Runners have covered over 25,000 miles in charity races
– Provided free Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinners to anyone in need.
The Post 323 family has donated over $75,000 to our national charities (Special Olympics, Fisher House, All Children’s Hospital, Child Welfare Foundation, Vet Relief, National Emergency Fund), as well as school programs and local communities (JROTC, Junior Leadership Program JROTC Academic Bowl, Shriners, Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Scouting, Golisano’s Children’s Hospital, East District LCSO, Lehigh Fire Fighters, Lehigh Schools & Teachers).
Members of the Post 323 family have donated over 80,000 hours to accomplish all of this. If all of this data is compiled, Post 323 Family Contributions to; Our programs, charities and community are valued at just over $2,000,000.